Chester County Wastewater Recovery is an equal opportunity employer. We currently employ eighteen full-time employees in Administration, Collections Maintenance, Industrial Pretreatment, and Wastewater Treatment Facilities.
CWRD is a drug-free workplace, and all employment offers are contingent up on the prospective employee passing a SLED background check and drug screen prior to the start of work. Employees are subject to the CWR Drug Testing Policy and may be required to submit to random screenings from time to time.
Candidates must be eighteen years of age and possess both a valid driver’s license and a high school diploma or GED certificate. Certain positions may require additional education or specialized skills.
Chester County Wastewater Recovery offers a competitive benefits package to include vacation/sick leave, holiday pay, tuition reimbursement, State of South Carolina Insurance (health, prescription drug, dental, vision, life), and Retirement System benefits.
CWR is an equal opportunity employer.
Regarding the selection process, all applicants are asked to keep the following in mind:
- Applications are accepted through our online system, and only when an opening is available. Resumes delivered to the CWR office may be kept on file for up to six months if the applicant’s work experience matches the criteria for at least one position, whether filled or vacant.
- Due to the high volume of applications received, we will not be able to contact the individual applicants. Applicants will only be contacted if actively being considered for a position and an interview is being requested.
- It will not be necessary for you to contact us and check on your application. You will be notified by email or telephone if you are selected for an interview.
- If you are selected for an interview, you will typically be contacted four to six weeks
- Updated information on available positions is available here on our website.
Vacancy: Waste Water Collection Maintenance Crewman
Hours of Work: M-F 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Opening Date: Tuesday, November 10, 2020
Closing Date: Until Filled
Beginning Pay Rate: $13.03 – $17.37 (Dependent upon Qualifications)
General Statement of Job Duties:
Under regular supervision, installs, maintains and repairs sewer system lines and equipment. Performs related work as required. Reports to the Sewer Maintenance Superintendent.
Minimum Training and Experience:
Requires high school diploma or GED equivalent supplemented by some experience in construction, maintenance and repair work, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Must possess or be able to obtain a CDL license. Possession of a Wastewater Collection System Operator certification is desirable.
Chester Sewer District offers a competitive benefits package to include vacation/sick leave, holiday pay, State of South Carolina Insurance (health, prescription drug, dental, vision, life) and Retirement System benefits.
Chester County Wastewater Recovery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.